The question that plagues all people on the move: Should I do it myself or hire someone? And like most decisions, the answer is different for everyone, depending on several factors. Considerations such as time, cost, difficulty, distance, and complexity of the move are all a part of your decision. If you're making a local move across town, a self-move may make more sense than if you're making a long distance move
across the country. Still, to ensure you're making the best decision, it's a good idea to look at the options.
How much stuff?
For a general idea of what it will cost to move your household, use the guide most truck rental agencies use, and count the number of bedrooms. Here's a sample truck-size guide:
- 26' will move 4+ bedrooms
- 24' will move 3-4 bedrooms
- 17' will move 2-3 bedrooms
- 14' will move 1-2 bedrooms
- 10' will move an apartment
If you need a quick quote for your upcoming move, just fill out our form to receive a free estimate
for the services you might require. We are a full service moving company locally owned in Denver, CO, and our five locations across the U.S. can manage your long-distance, local, or commercial move.
So now you have a cost-comparison between hiring a company or moving yourself. If this is all you're concerned about, you can pretty much stop right here and make your decision. But if time is important to you, then you can also weigh the various options in between; from our VIP moving service, where we take care of everything involved with your move, to doing much of it yourself.
Here are some additional questions to consider:
And no matter what you decide to do, save all your receipts and make sure you claim your move
- How much time will it take to pack my things, load them, and then drive it all to my new destination?
- What are the hidden costs that can creep into my move, such as additional insurance or packing supplies?
- Can I get additional help? Friends, family, neighbors or colleagues that can lend a hand?
- Am I confident that I can move my household goods safely – safely for me and safely for my items?
- Do I have fragile items that will require special handling? Can I handle these items myself? If not, what will it cost to move them?
- Will I need to rent additional equipment, supplies, or hired-hands to move larger items such as appliances?
(if possible) on your tax return.
Contact Eden’s Moving Service
to help you make your important decision about moving and how much to do on your own. We are trained to successfully pack and transport valuable items, and we also are fully licensed and insured. We provide comprehensive local or long distance moving services, we have access to the best packing products available, and we are happy to maximize the quality of your move by protecting your belongings throughout every step of the process.