When moving day arrives, it can be very chaotic with everything going on. In the winter months, with limited daylight and the potential for bad Denver weather, not to mention the chaos of the holidays, moving day can be disastrous if you aren’t prepared. With so many things to keep straight, it’s easy to forget about a lot of the small yet essential items. Additionally, it can be very frustrating to be in your new home on the first night only to realize you don’t have some of the small comfort items many of us tend to take for granted. This is why Eden’s Moving Services, your top Denver movers, have put together a list of essentials you can put together ahead of time, well before moving day.
- Important Documents: Passports, social security cards, birth certificates, and other vital papers and hard copies should be put in a sealable plastic bag to keep safe and on hand. On moving day, just knowing exactly where these important documents are goes a long way to giving you a sound piece of mind – your important records are safe and easily accessible.
- Extra Clothing: This is especially true for moving across long distances. But even for short moves, this is still a smart move to make. Packing a change of clothes for yourself as well as all of your family members could prove to be one of the most important essentials of your move. If the weather is wet, you’re going to want some warm and dry clothes to change into once you’ve reached your destination. After a long day (or days) of moving, having a comfortable set of clothes at the ready is a small and simple pleasure.
- Tools: The most important tools are those of light. Flashlights, candles, a box of matches – these items may be very essential if there are any problems with the electricity at your new home. A pocketknife or box opener can come in handy if you need to get into some boxes right away on your first night. Other tools will be based on your individual needs and the time of year.
- Eats and Drinks: Possibly the most important of all the essentials on moving day is a stash of healthy snacks and drinks. Granola bars and dried fruit can help alleviate the hunger pangs when everyone is busy moving boxes and furniture. If it is a cold day, some hot chocolate packets can go along way to making the kids happy and warm at the end of the move. If it’s going to be a long day, pack a few sandwiches for a quick and easy meal so you don’t have to stop the move.
- Toiletries: Toilet paper, paper towels, and some over the counter medications like headache medicine can be real lifesavers. Also, hand lotion can be a welcomed gift after carrying around cardboard boxes all day.
Packing these essentials ahead of time can save you a lot of headaches when moving day finally arrives. To make your move the easiest and fastest possible, contact Eden’s Moving Services today at 877-887-8248 for an estimate today.